UK Deaf Sport (DeaflympicsGB)
Voluntary (reasonable expenses)
Multiple locations dependent on sports (meetings in Loughborough) & Deaflympics in Samsun, Turkey
Volunteer (Part time)
28 April 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen at DeaflympicsGB, for a media officer to join our core team on a voluntary basis. DeaflympicsGB are a multi-discipline sports team that will represent Great Britain at the forthcoming Deaflympics in Samsun, Turkey. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hard working and dynamic media officer.
The media officer will work across a number of sports over a three week period (15.07.17 – 31.07.17) during the Deaflympics liaising with the Chef de Mission, team managers & athletes.
Social Media is a vital channel to build awareness of, and engagement with DeaflympicsGB. This role will involve the operational execution our social strategy, to build an organic, authentic social footprint of engaged fans and followers having two way conversations with DeaflympicsGB. You will be tasked with manning the DeaflympicsGB social media profiles and generating new ideas to increase reach and engagement levels.
- Updating DeaflympicsGB social media channels and website pages in the lead up to the Deaflympics, during the Deaflympics and after the Deaflympics
- Producing and distributing quality/engaging social media content (tweets, Facebook posts, vines etc.) across multiple social media channels.
- Positively promoting the DeaflympicsGB team brand via numerous ways (including athlete interviews, sport introductions, day round ups, etc)
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately and quickly without supervision
- Creative, with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to understand British Sign Language and insert subtitles on short films to be uploaded on Social Media
- Knowledge of, and experience in, using a range of social media channels (especially in Facebook Live, Periscope, Snapchat & Instagram Stories)
- Experience in writing for online content
- Experience in updating website content management systems online
- An understanding of how social media interacts with sponsorship, PR and DeaflympicsGB brand
- Ability to understand analytics data (Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics) and report on performance
How to apply
Please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org making reference to ‘DeaflympicsGB