UK Deaf Sport, the recognised strategic lead for deaf sport in the UK, is seeking to appoint a Chef de Mission to lead the development of the Great Britain team to compete at the 2017 Deaflympic in Samsun Turkey.
The Deaflympics are the oldest multi-sports event in the world for deaf people, showcasing the talents and abilities of the world’s finest deaf and hard of hearing athletes since 1924.
This position involves a significant level of responsibility and will require a considerable commitment, energy and effort. The candidate is expected to provide leadership to our staff, teams and athletes and be one of the key positive advocates of Deaflympics GB throughout media and promotional campaigns.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate
- To provide a leadership and project management to the project
- Setting up a team of support staff to drive the project forward
- Able to lead, motivate and foster team building;
- Confident in dealing with high profile partners and the Media
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
- Strong problem-solving skills and crisis management skills;
For full Job Description and Person Specification T2017 – Chef de Mission Job Description
Interested candidate should submit a CV outlining their relevant experience along with a cover letter stating why you feel that you are the Ideal candidate for the role.
Applications can be either emailed to Lee Dolby Director of Development at [email protected] or sent to UK Deaf Sport, SportPark- Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3QF.
If you want a informal discussion about the post before applying please contact [email protected] or call Bill Baillie National Talent Officer on 07540 546217 (interpreters and text relay services can be arranged on request)
Deadline for application is Friday 2nd October 2015 after which shortlisted candidate will be contacted to arrange further discussions and formal interview.