Let’s Take It On!
Birmingham 2022 has opened nominations for Batonbearers for the Queen’s Baton Relay (4-28 July 2022) and the Queen’s Jubilee weekend (2-5 June 2022) in England! The website for public nominations is now live. Nominations will be open until Monday 14th February.
The Queen’s Baton Relay will travel to every region in England, before arriving at the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham on 28 July 2022.
Do you know somebody who is ready to step forward, make a change, and take it on?
The criteria for a Batonbearer in England is someone who meets one or more of the following:
• Always willing to take on a challenge and has a unique and inspiring story;
• Has made a meaningful contribution to sport, education, the arts, culture, or charity;
• Is a figure of inspiration that positively challenges others to achieve their best;
• Has taken on a challenge or cause and made a positive impact within their community
• Anyone over the age of 12 can take participate.
• To take part, they must be nominated by someone else. They cannot nominate themselves.
Simply tell them how your nominee is making a difference in their community and why they deserve to take on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You can nominate as many people as you like!
Batonbearers for the Relays in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales will be selected using criteria set by Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) in each country.
Here are some tweets of Batonbearers that have been a part of Birmingham 2022 Queen’s Baton Relay internationally so far.