UK Deaf Sport are continuing with Sport England on encouraging our Deaf and HOH (Hard Of Hearing) users and organisations to use the #DeafActiveOnline to help share and find more accessible content.
Here you’ll find videos from a wide range of deaf inclusive activity providers and individuals who does more vigorous online sessions.
Jeremy Millensted: HIIT/Cardio over 50+
- Several classes available online make sure to check out their instagram page here or website for info.
Email Jeremy directly to get involved: [email protected]
Kaz Sykes HIIT
- Make sure to follow him in instagram.
James Stavros Legs Bums and Tums
- Every Mon and Fri at 8:30am for a 15 minutes workout live via RAD Facebook page here.
Penny Hall HIIT
Julie Platts variety of workouts
- Follow their Instagram page BSLFITFAM for some motivational videos on keeping fit and eat healthy.
- Julie offers a BSL focussed workout Monday 7pm, Wednesday 7pm and Saturday 10:30pm
- A more vigorous online pilates session, aimed towards those who cycle regularly. Book on her website here.
Zwift intro done in BSL
There will be more info coming regarding zwift however if you’d like to know more now then please do get in touch with us and we’ll get Xander (the video creator) to advise.
Over the upcoming weeks we will be funding, sharing ideas more of the above from a wide range of existing activity providers and individuals to bring you a variety of at-home workouts and routines to keep you healthy and active whilst being at home. We will be working hard to ensure these ideas and links are as inclusive and deaf friendly as possible.
Please continue to share online what you are doing by using the #DeafStayInWorkOut hashtag.
We will be constantly updating this page, so watch this space.
Disclaimer: You should understand that when participating in any of these online exercise or exercise programs, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in these online exercise or exercise programs, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge UKDS from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of these online content.