UK Deaf Sport are continuing with Sport England on encouraging our Deaf and HOH (Hard Of Hearing) users and organisations to use the #DeafActiveOnline to help share and find more accessible content.
Here you’ll find videos from a wide range of deaf inclusive activity providers and individuals doing gentle activities, where you can have a good stretch, gain some piece of mind and relax.
Gentle activities may include Pilates, Yoga or stretching.
Yoga in BSL with Lisa
Pilates by Elisabeth Taunton:
- A more vigorous online pilates session, aimed towards those who cycle regularly. Book on her website here.
- Elisabeth’s classes will be available afterwards with captions.
Jamie Fuller 50+ Chair Exercise
Ticketed weekly chair based exercise on Zoom every Thursday evening starting 28th May, funded by UKDS (Comic Relief) book here
Paid classes every Tuesday at 10:30 am if you wish to pay for more!
Pilates by Bethany Brookes:
- Online classes, you can try her taster video via the link here. All of Bethany’s videos are captioned.
- Opportunity for key workers to do a month of free pilates (see below for full info) – funded by UKDS (Comic Relief)
- If you are a nurse, care worker, doctor, social worker, teacher, postman/woman, pharmacist (the list goes on!) or in any profession working on the front line during these challenging times and would like to try out some Pilates classes please get in touch either via their facebook or email [email protected]
Fitness Yoga by Penny Hall:
- Tuesday 6:30pm & Wednesday 6pm & Friday 10am Freestyle Fitness Yoga.
- Thursday 11am Chairobics (for people with health/lower limb issues).
- All on Zoom – To try a free class (sponsored by UKDS)? Contact Penny Hall on facebook.
Virtual Park Yoga (BSL)
Jeremy Millensted: Pilates
- Book online sessions via their website here.
Joe Wicks (The Body Coach)
We will be working hard to ensure these ideas and links are as inclusive and deaf friendly as possible.
We will be constantly updating this page, so watch this space.
Disclaimer: You should understand that when participating in any of these online exercise or exercise programs, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in these online exercise or exercise programs, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge UKDS from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of these online content.