Want to find out how you can genuinely include deaf children and young people in your activities? Then why not attend our Me2 “Making activities deaf friendly” which is offered FREE* to leaders and coaches working with children and young people.
Topics covered on the training day include:
- introduction to NDCS and the Me2 project
- deafness – what is it and how does it impact on deaf children?
- communication – learn top tips for communicating with deaf children, including the fingerspelling alphabet and some basic British Sign Language
- technology – find out about the aids and equipment that deaf children use
- health and safety
- how to adapt activities – learn some deaf friendly games that you can use with your group
The course takes place on Saturday 28th April (10-4), at Upton Meadows Primary School, Northampton, NN5 4EZ.
* we do ask you to sign the Me2 pledge click here.