ABOUT THE GLL SPORT FOUNDATION (GSF)
Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL) with the support of SportsAid and our sponsors and partners have created one of the largest athlete support programme in the UK.
GSF supported over 1,300 athletes from across 80 different Olympic, Paralympic, Deaflympic and Special Olympic sporting disciplines at a complete support value of over £750,000. GSF is focussed on supporting the next generation of talent and with 75% of supported athletes being under the age of 21 and 43% being under the age of 17, alongside 90% of athletes receiving no other funding support.
GSF 2014 applications are now open, we are focussed on supporting 1500 athletes from across the UK with over £1million of support.
HOW TO APPLY •
Applications are open from today, and close on 20/02/14. Awards are then distributed to athletes in April/May 2014.
UK Deaf Sport will be happy to support anyone wishing to apply to take them through the process. if you are interested please contact our National Talent Officer, Bill Baillie on [email protected]
WHAT – GSF PROVIDES ATHLETES WITH
• Financial training grants of up to £1,250.
• Training memberships enabling wider venue access for athlete training programmes across 130+ GLL and partner operated venues.
• Support opportunities targeted towards sports science, performance sport and coaching and employment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
• Athletes competing within Olympic, Paralympic, Deaflympic and Special Olympic sporting disciplines.
- Athletes competing from a regional to Olympic and Paralympic levels.
- Athletes that live or are educated where GLL and partners operate venues; or affiliated to a sports club that has a training base at a GLL and partner operated venues.
for further information visit GLL at www.gllsportfoundation.org