What is Sportivate?
Sportivate is a nationwide campaign that aims to capture the excitement of sport and London 2012 to provide opportunities for teenagers and young adults to receive 6 weeks of coaching in the sport of their choice and guide them into regular participation within their community.
Sportivate is a £32 million National Lottery funded programme and part of the Play strand in Sport England’s mass participation legacy plans ‘People, Places, Play’. The overall aim of the project is to get 300,000 semi sporty participants aged 14 – 25 years to complete weekly coaching sessions.
Applicants applying for funding should ensure that their projects meet the following criteria
- Activity must target 14-25 year olds
- Activity must run for 6 weeks
- Each session within the activity should be one hour in duration
- Activity to target young people who are not participating regularly in sport in their own time (semi sporty)
- Sessions can take place at any time during the day (Excluding curriculum time)
- Participants within the sessions should be coached or led and community focused
- Activity must lead to a local exit route or sustainable session (i.e. local sports club/participant funded continuity)
- Activity must be a new initiative or demonstrate additionality over current provision
What level of funding can i expect?
All application are assessed on an individual basis however average grant are around the £300 – £400 mark for a project that aims to attract around 10 – 15 people. If you are planning to attract more or run a larger scale programme funding may be more.
What do i do next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this funding please contact me Lee Dolby. National Inclusive Sport Advisor for UK Deaf Sport on [email protected] and I will work with you to develop an application and submit it to the appropriate County Sport Partnership who coordinate the project in your areas.
For a full briefing on the project click here