England Athletics are recruiting non-executive directors for our board.
The applicants will need to possess a wide range of skills and experience and they are keen to see application from people with a strong disability background.
If you are interested or know someone who might be please click on the link below.
Non Executive Director – England Athletics
Salary: £3,000 per annum
Summary: England Athletics wants to identify two talented and inspirational Non Executive Directors to complement the current Board of Directors to oversee the next phase of the England Athletics Strategy from 2013-2017.
Non-Executive Directors are expected to make a significant contribution to the Board of England Athletics. To reflect the breadth of responsibilities of the organisation,Non Executive Directors are required collectively to possess a range of skills and experience which is likely to include:
- Evidence of success in a professional career and being accustomed to a high level of accountability.
- Experience in serving on public sector, private sector or not-for-profit boards.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance and Board responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, relationship and networking skills, able to represent England Athletics to all our stakeholders.
- Advising on complex legal matters.
- Understanding issues associated with sport in general and in particular athlete development, coach development, club development, volunteer development and competition.
- Good understanding and knowledge of issues associated with equality and diversity in sport and commitment to fulfilling these principles.
- Direct experience of a high performance sporting arena.
Details on how to apply are included in the Candidate brief document below
Closing Date: 31st August 2012
Downloads: You can download the Candidate Brief and advertisement of position files below: