National Deaf Children Society Coach Bursary Scheme supports deaf young people gain sports coaching qualifications and encourages them to lead sports activities for other deaf children and young people.
If there are more deaf coaches, more deaf children and young people will be inspired to take up sport and physical activity. National Deaf Children Society want to support deaf young people to get involved in volunteering, coaching and sports leadership and show that sports coaching is a real career option.
The sports bursaries are for young people from across the UK. NDCS gives priority to young people who:
• are aged 16 to 25
• are deaf
Or have British Sign Language skills (level 2 or above)
• have experience working with deaf young people
• can explain how gaining the qualification supports more deaf young people to participate in sport
How does it work?
The bursary supports Level 1 or 2 sports coaching qualifications from recognised National Governing Body’s (NGB’s).
NDCS pay up to 90% of the cost, the rest is funded by the applicant Successful applicants will be asked to agree to:
• Complete the full qualification
• Tell them about their experience on the course
• Tell them how they have used their new skills to support deaf children and young people
The closing date is Wednesday 2 December 2015
for more information go to there website