Northamptonshire Football Association is seeking to recruit a part time Football Development Officer (Disability) to implement the disability programme within the County. The post holder, based at the County FA headquarters in Northampton, will be responsible for increasing participation for people with a disability aged 12 years plus.
This is a fixed term position until August 2016, subject to funding.
The position reports directly to the Head of Football Development and will encompass the following areas:
- Growth and Retention by increasing players, teams and clubs
- Raising Standards by improving behaviour and promoting RESPECT
- Better Players by recruiting more qualified coaches and increasing knowledge
- Running the Game through improving administration
- Workforce by generating more volunteers
- Marketing & PR by promoting what we do.
To apply you need to be of graduate calibre, have experience in sports development and an ability to work strategically. You need to be passionate about and committed to the development of football at a local level and ideally have an understanding of disability sport provision. You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Please note – football coaching forms no part of this role.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised and should have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Candidates also need to have a current driving licence and be able to work evenings and weekends.