sports coach UK (January 2012)
Rise and Shine for Talent Breakfasts
sports coach UK, in partnership with the CSSN, is hosting a series of breakfast clubs to provide targeted personal development for coaches working with athletes in sport talent pathways.
The clubs will be delivered regionally and will provide coaches with a unique opportunity to:
- learn from experts and practising coaches at the cutting edge of talent development
- share good practice
- discuss challenges and ideas.
Debate around emerging trends and issues will complement CPD that coaches receive in their sport.Sports have been invited to identify coaches working within their talent pathway to attend these unique events.
Topic 1: Developing Talent
- The role of the coach
- Learning from the front line
An event in each of the nine regions in England (From 3 February – 6 March 2012)Topic 2: Practical Sports Psychology·
- Developing emotional intelligence in performer
- Mental toughness
- Motivating performers for training and competition
An event in each of the nine regions in England (From 7 March – 29 March 2012)