UKDS Executive Director Valerie Copenhagen will be away from UKDS on a secondment opportunity with Sport England for six months. UK Deaf Sport has greatly valued the relationship that has been built up with you all and we anticipate this being a positive step. Lara Lill, will now be covering the Executive Director position on an interim part time basis. Lara has extensive experience in working within the sport and physical activity sector and has been involved in UK Deaf Sport Board as Senior Independent Director since 2016.
We also have an amazing team at UKDS and wanted to take this opportunity to the introduce them to you:
· Sophia Wilks, Fundraising Officer. Sophia started with UKDS last Tuesday (31st August) and will be developing a Fundraising strategy for UKDS – email@example.com.
· Hannah Evans, Engagement Officer. Hannah is responsible for co-ordinating and leading on all of our communications work and membership to UKDS. Hannah has also provided direct support to some of the deaf sports so your query about advertising campaign is something Hannah can discuss with you further – firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Kathryn Halsey, Information Support Officer. Kathryn supports UKDS in many areas of the business, including the advisory groups, international relations, and governance – email@example.com.
· Sadie Lawson, National Partnership Advisor. Sadie manages all of our partnerships and links to other organisations. She coordinates the National Deaf Forum and also delivers deaf awareness training – firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Thomas Irish, Project Coordinator for our comic relief work and London outreach – email@example.com.
· Beate Grinspone, Diversity Officer manages our women and girls project by getting over 100 deaf women and girls active and involved in sport by upskilling and empowering deaf women – firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Lydia and Oliver are two of our fantastic volunteers
· Lara Lill can be contacted on email@example.com.
Here at UKDS we will continue to work towards improving and building long lasting connections with our partners.
Please do save the date for the UKDS AGM, which will take place on Saturday 20th November 2021, further details, and timings to be released.
With kind regards
UK Deaf Sport Chair