Deaf inclusion is about more than just providing access – it’s about creating a culture of respect and understanding. Here are some ways you can promote deaf inclusion:
- Learn some basic sign language phrases.
- Use visual aids and written materials to supplement verbal communication.
- Be patient and willing to repeat yourself if necessary.
- Don’t make assumptions about what deaf people can or can’t do.
- Be open to feedback and willing to make accommodations.
- Educate yourself and others about deaf culture and history.
By taking these steps, you can help create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for deaf people. Let’s work together to break down barriers and promote deaf inclusion!
Click the link for more information: https://ukdeafsport.org.uk/top-tips-on-making-your-sport-and-activity-sessions-deaf-friendly/
Do you want to learn signs? Click here to get started! https://ukdeafsport.org.uk/compilation-of-bsl/
We also have a fingerspelling video from @SenseCharity. Try it out below!