UK Deaf Sport are continuing with Sport England on encouraging our Deaf and HOH (Hard Of Hearing) users and organisations to use the #DeafActiveOnline to help share and find more accessible content.
Here you’ll find videos from a wide range of deaf inclusive activity providers and individuals who does more vigorous online sessions.
Rebecca (Ladycroft): Cardio
- Rebecca @ladycroft___ is a qualified Sports Therapists and Personal Trainer.
- Email to contact: LadyCroftfitness@gmail.com
Chi Nio: Weights
- Chi @chingo.fitness is a qualified personal trainer
- Email to contact: email@example.com
- To book a session with Ola, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow them on instagram.
- Book a HIIT Mix / Cardio Circuits with Penny
- ‘Penny’s secret to fitness’ facebook group here.
- Deaf Get Up and Go facebook group!
Pack a Punch – Boxing
Pack a Punch Founded in Feb 2018 by Grace Buckle who is a Registered Sign Language interpreter (RSLI), an amateur boxer and qualified personal trainer. Her intention for
setting up boxercise classes was to promote and provide accessibility for Deaf people interested in working out and keeping fit through boxing.
Kaz Sykes HIIT
- Various LIVE Bootcamp, once a week.
- Head over to their website for more info here.
Jeremy Millensted: HIIT/Cardio
Email Jeremy directly to get involved: Jeremy@pilates-nottingham.co.uk
Zwift intro done in BSL
There will be more info coming regarding zwift however if you’d like to know more now then please do get in touch with us and we’ll get Xander (the video creator) to advise.
Over the upcoming weeks we will be funding, sharing ideas more of the above from a wide range of existing activity providers and individuals to bring you a variety of at-home workouts and routines to keep you healthy and active whilst being at home. We will be working hard to ensure these ideas and links are as inclusive and deaf friendly as possible.
Please continue to share online what you are doing by using the #DeafStayInWorkOut hashtag.
We will be constantly updating this page, so watch this space.
Disclaimer: You should understand that when participating in any of these online exercise or exercise programs, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in these online exercise or exercise programs, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge UKDS from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of these online content.