UKDS are delighted to announce the launch of new funding opportunity for Deaf Sports in England for 2022.
The Together Fund is a continuation of the Tackling Inequalities Fund that was set up as part of Sport England’s support package to help sport and physical activity sector through the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
The focus of this programme is to help support community organisations to reach and engage their audience in movement/physical activity – creating a line of sight to movement/physical activity/sport.
Utilising Sport England’s Together Fund, UK Deaf Sport is seeking to identify clubs and organisations that support Deaf or Hard of Hearing people to optimise their opportunities to participate in sport.
The fund is open to clubs and community groups operating in England that are members of UK Deaf Sport, Registered Charities, Not For Profit, Social Enterprise, or Community Interest Companies.
What do you need before you apply?
- Sport England funding requires recipient bodies of small grants to have a recognised constitution in place.
- If the audience are young people or vulnerable adults, UKDS would like to see an appropriate safeguarding policy.
- A copy of your bank statement dated within 3 months of application. We will need the name of your organisation’s bank account, account number and sort code. If you bank with a Building Society, we will require your account’s roll number.
Whilst there is no set deadline in applying for this funding, please note that we have a limited budget, so recommend applying in a timely manner.
Timeframe: The delivery of all projects, including completion of organisations and participant surveys, provision of receipts etc must be completed by the end of December 2022.
You can apply for funding of up to £3,000 this could be used for:
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping our target audience engaged / active in this period
- Offering advice and training support
- Increasing resilience, capacity, and capability of delivery bodies
- Equipment Hire/ Purchase
- Coaches Fees/Expenses
- Hire of facilities
- Staff Costs